IPC Application Specialist Training & Certification
1) IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies – this class covers both navigation and intent of the IPC-A-610 standard the most widely used quality assurance/visual acceptance standard in the world. Full class length is 3 days and is lecture based with written multiple choice tests.
2) IPC/WHMA-A-620, Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies – this class covers the industry consensus standard for visual quality acceptability requirements for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. Full class length is 3 days and is lecture based with written multiple choice tests.
* Optional additional days maybe done to include hands-on practice of the lesions covered by the standard.
3) J-STD-001, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies- this class covers the preeminent authority for electronics assembly soldering in manufacturing. The IPC J-STD-001 certification class is an industry developed and approved program which includes hands-on solder training and comprehensive use of the J-STD-001.standard. Full class length is 5 days and is lecture based with written multiple choice tests plus a hands-on solder kit must be successfully completed to gain certification.
4) IPC-7711/7721, Rework, Modification and Repair of Electronic Assemblies – this class is designed to teach personnel who are responsible for rework or repair of electronics assemblies & common rework / repair procedures using various methods and tools to be done in a fashion to promote quality and long term reliability of that work.. Full class length is 5 days includes some lecture and hands-on practice which must be successfully completed to gain certification. *Optional additional days maybe done to include further hands-on practice of the lesions covered by the standard.
5) IPC-A-600, Acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards – this class utilizes the images in the IPC-A-600 document to provide visual accept/reject criteria examples for all three classes of bare board fabrication and inspection. The IPC-A-600, “The Acceptability of Printed Boards”, describes the preferred, acceptable, and nonconforming conditions that are either externally or internally observable on printed wiring boards. Full class length is 3 days and is lecture based with written multiple choice tests.
*All IPC certification course testing requires a minimum of a 70% score to become certified in that module.
Semi Custom & Custom Training Programs–classes built to meet your production needs. Examples of some such classes that we have done in the past:
1) Overview Training of the IPC Standards for Non-Production Personnel – helps entire organization (even those which don’t need certification) understand and be on same page when it comes to the IPC system of standards. This program can be tailored to meet audience’s background – engineering departments, floor Supervisors, purchasing or top management.
2) Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) “the monster of the electronics industry” – prevention and protection training.
3) Hand Soldering – theory and hands-on application class.
4) Rework Training – theory and hands-on, SMT & TH circuit repairs, using your tools.
5) Entry level personnel training in electronics industry – workmanship primer.
6) Production Process Training Programs – wave solder, SMT placement & Reflow.
7) RoHS awareness training – understanding the basics of the “Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment directive” and how it impacts electronics design, purchasing, manufacturing as well as test and repair.